Virtual Job Posting: LoriMercerCTO.com
Contract Job Description: Marketing Chief
Our non-profit 24-7 COMMITMENT is in need of a marketer. We believe we are literally leaving money on the table by not marketing our products well enough.
We believe that adding more resources into the marketing of our mission will not just cover the cost of those resources but increase the funding for the organization to be able to deliver more services.
Today this work is performed primarily by Lori Mercer and supported by Jessie, a VA who has been with the organization since the beginning and is a master as Canva graphics, social media scheduling and has a strong feel for the copy that needs to be written for this audience.
This role will define and create the graphics and copy for marketing campaigns in social media, email and on the website.
We’d like to add this resource to be responsible for the following:
What products/designs should we carry?
○ Build on the library of great designs we already have
○ Add new designs where appropriate
○ Work closely with our jewelry producer for new designs in their upcoming line
○ Find t-shirt designs that are working and work with our t-shirt vendor to bring them to market at a price that is profitable
Enhanced marketing of current product lines
○ Enhanced Facebook ads management
○ Define and manage promotions (seasonal, special, monthly member products, etc)
○ Design marketing campaigns for core products such as the Honor & Commitment book and Fire Wife Coloring Journal
MEMBERSHIPS AND PROGRAM MARKETING:
○ Work with Lori for the vision of the content of the program
○ Market this event to fill the seats!
○ Work with the Event Coordinator to market for partners for raffle items, swag bags and other sponsorships ○ Create marketing collateral for the event – signage, etc.
○ (Event Coordinator responsible for all event details. This is only the marketing responsibility.)
Fire Wife Sisterhood Membership
○ Work with Lori and Jessie on vision for monthly member themes and content
○ Create marketing campaigns (email, social and otherwise) to tease, promote and encourage new members each month
○ Get creative in capturing the strong vibe within the Fire Wife Sisterhood community and representing that through our marketing
○ Create campaigns to advertise our participation at trade shows and during the event EMAIL MARKETING OWNERSHIP
Enhanced email marketing to meet the needs of all the objectives mentioned above (we are only emailing 1 – 2 times a month right now. 20K on list)
SKILLS NEEDED FOR THIS ROLE:
○ Utilize Canva and occasionally Photoshop to create graphics for social email campaigns, printed postcards/inserts
Facebook Ad General awareness
○ We will enhance this with a FB ad strategist but general understanding of when / where / how to apply FB ads is required
Marketing Campaign Management
○ Know how to design marketing campaigns and measure results
Facebook Page Management via Hootsuite
○ Our primary admin is responsible for managing the general social content however you will be coordinating with her for the merchandising and event marketing campaigns you design
T-shirt Sales Experience
○ Understanding of the process of bringing a t-shirt design to market and working with the vendor for the right apparel styles and how to merchandise them well on Shopify and in social media
Email Marketing tool experience – Ontraport ideal but not mandatory ○ Understanding of automated drip campaigns
○ Copy writing experience JOB EXPECTATIONS: This is a contract position only. There will be a 1 month contract to test the fit for both you and the organization. This role is expected to take 10 – 20 hours / week.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send a 5 – 10 minute VIDEO introduction including screen share of your marketing experience.
- Show us graphics you’ve created and campaigns you’ve managed.
- Tell us how you would update and better market what we already have in place.
- Tell us why you believe in this mission and believe you are a good fit for the role.
- Tell us your expected rate of pay.
- Tell us your availability – start date, hours/week availability and what working hours you are available during the week.
Email your Video Application to firstname.lastname@example.org