Welcome to the How She Quits Show – Episode 14
On the next 3 episodes of the How She Quits show… we’re going to go rapidly through the most important advice for any mom running an online business today.
For VAs, Freelancers, Bloggers, Coaches, Consultants… I’m cutting right to the key facts to make you more profitable… because like me, you don’t have the luxury of extra time. Your family needs you NOW.
Over these episodes I’ll cover:
- What is the FASTEST path to income from home and 3 keys to making that happen
- What is the ESSENTIAL thing to spend the most time on when selling an online course or membership
- Why people aren’t opening your emails
- 3 Essentials to closing your one-on-one offers
- How you should be spending time on Facebook
Following even one of these gems of advice will elevate your business immediately today. (I’m confident of this. Message me if it doesn’t and we’ll find a gem for you.
You want to work from home.
You want consistent, reliable income from your online business.
You need flexibility in your schedule for your family.
You don’t want to be tied to meetings and phone calls.
This is all possible in today’s online marketplace.
Maybe you already have a great online business but you’re struggling with consistency, overwhelm or growth.
In part 1 of this 3 part series, I’m going to share some of my best advice for mom’s providing 1-on-1 services (or those wanting to!)
Online businesses progress through many phases. And each requires a new strategy and tactics. Over the next 3 Episodes, I’m going to share my best advice in these 3 phases of online business:
- All one-on-one services (the fastest path to cash)
- Moving from one-on-one to one-to-many services (introducing packages, group programs, online courses / memberships)
- Scaling your online business (growing revenue and profitability in your membership or online course)
The fastest path to income is one-on-one services.
VA work. Professional freelancers (writers, designers, techies). Or even coaching others.
Contracts aren’t scary! They are your friends.
My Best Advice about Contracts:
- Always have one for one-on-one work (it can be a simple Scope of Work – training in the Collective)
- Keep it simple. Your initial contract can be a 30 day trial period so you can readjust based on experience.
- Set and review contracts every 3 months due to this fast changing environment
Increasing Rates is the fastest way to increase income and can happen every 3-6 months in this fast moving world.
I’m getting calls but I’m not getting business!
3 Essentials to closing your one-on-one offers
- Give a deadline and clear next step “I’m booking up June. Can you confirm with me by next Tuesday if You’d like me to reserve a space for you?”
- Be clear about your offer and your rates. If you can’t on the phone, follow up immediately in writing within 1 day.
- Be professional AND personable. Making a relational connection can be the deal winner in a market with a lot of choices.
My Best Advice About Rate Increases:
- Quote all new work at the new rate
- Set expectations for current clients when ready to shift rates
- Wait until you have enough new clients at the new rate then offer existing clients to continue at the new rate or be ready to drop them.
On the next episode, we will take our one-on-one business to the next level —> moving to packaged pricing and 1-to-many programs such as online courses and memberships.