Welcome to The How She Quits Show – Episode 8
This week we’re going to take a bird’s eye view of your business and talk about the 4 cornerstones you need to have in place in order to enjoy a SIMPLE Online Business that is successful, even as a busy mom.
You might be expecting to talk about streamlining your social media posts, optimizing you blog or how to start a podcast. It’s true these things can be helpful tools to use, but I’m talking about real mom life things. You need to go deeper, and I’m encouraging you to consider aspects that will impact your work/life balance in a really meaningful way. When this 4 piece framework is in alignment you can achieve the holy grain of running a SIMPLE Online Business that works for you and your family life.
4 Piece Framework to Build a Simple Online Business
First most important question: Will my business strategy work? Am I clear on my model, what I’m selling and how I’m selling it?
#1 What Do You Know – You’ve got to be clear on this or you’re going to hesitate in your work.
#2 What Do You Do – What does your day to day really look like? How is that serving you?
Getting solid on these first points are a great start but where you’re at with the next two can mean sabotage or success for your online business.
#3 What Do You Believe – Your thoughts impact your actions.
#4 What’s Going On in Life Around You – Reality Check.
Now that we have some perspective, let’s dial in. Check out the video for more examples for how to apply these steps to your online business. Then get practical with these tips on how you can gain clarity and tighten up this framework to keep your business simple and sustainable.
#1 What Do You Know
- Get clear on your expertise and the skills you have. What do you do well?
- Make a list and plan for the things you don’t know but want to learn.
- Compare yourself ONLY enough to to be sure your expectations are accurate.
#2 What Do You Do
- Follow a System that works for you. We’re talking a lot about this including my “Just 3 Method” in The How She Quits Collective.
- Take an inventory of what’s working and what’s not.
- Maybe it’s time to overhaul your business with a program like B-School. (This was a huge catalyst to propelling my business forward).
#3 What Do You Believe
- Get alone with your thoughts. Journal, meditate, pray, LISTEN.
- LET GO of something that’s causing you struggle in this space.
#4 What’s Going On in Life Around You
- Set realistic expectations for what’s going on in your life.
- Get into a community where you feel you fit with people who are also running online businesses.
So much of the advise out there right now oversimplifies or leaves out the additional responsibilities we have to consider as busy moms. This framework is high level, if you’re off in one of these areas this episode may only serve to bring more awareness to that which needs attention.
The How She Quits Collective is a community build with real life working moms in mind. It’s the place to talk with other moms that desire run an online business that is simple and sustainable. It’s a place to feel supported and well advised in your endeavors. We would love for you to join us!